Given Harris’ desire for a new deal, the route to salvation

Forum de discussions sur tous les sujets qui ne trouvent pas leur place ailleurs.

Given Harris’ desire for a new deal, the route to salvation

Messagede zhangzk » 17 Déc 2019, 04:25

There’s been a flurry of news regarding cornerback Chris Harris over the last day or so and Harris has now weighed in on where things stand with the Broncos.General Manager John Elway said at a Tuesday press conference that he’s willing to talk to Harris about a new contract after the draft Royce Freeman Jersey , but made it clear that talking about a new deal doesn’t mean the team will agree to one. Later in the day came word that Harris wants to be traded if the team isn’t willing to do a new deal.Harris told Mike Klis of KUSA that he hopes to stay with the Broncos.“Oh, yeah, definitely,” Harris said. “I want to be here so we can salvage it. … I don’t have any hard feelings about anything. I always wanted to retire here. It’s not me. It can be salvaged.” Whether that’s possible is less clear John Elway Jersey , however.Klis reported that Harris is looking for $15 million a year and that the Broncos aren’t willing to meet that price. If that’s the case, someone’s going to have to change their stance for Harris to stay in Denver. The Broncos waited until the 42nd overall pick to take a quarterback, in part because of the incredible trust John Elway has in a 34-year-old.The Broncos boss told Peter King of NBC’s that what he’s seen so far from Joe Flacco was enough for him to be patient in his pursuit, and waiting to draft Drew Lock until the middle of the second round.“Our comfort with Joe enabled us to pass on a quarterback,” Elway said. “What made that decision is Womens Joe Flacco Jersey , Joe is fitting really well with what we want to do offensively, and he looked great in our minicamp last week. He really put on a throwing exhibition last week in camp.“I truly think we’ve got a guy coming into his prime.”Nothing on the back of Flacco’s football card suggests that is true. The last four years, his passer rating has hovered between 80 and 84, and they only broke a three-year playoff drought when he was replaced by Lamar Jackson.Like the Ravens, the Broncos aren’t exactly overburdened with receiving talent Joe Flacco Jersey White , though they hope first-round tight end Noah Fant will become a major part of the passing game soon.
zhangzk

Retourner vers Discussions générales

• Articles en relation
    Réponses
    Vus
    Dernier message